Sunday, May 14, 2017

Camino Daily Photo 27

Every so often along the Camino one finds a tribute this - The Shoe! Of all your hiking gear, there is nothing more important than having good footwear for day after day walking. Pilgrims seem split on what is best: the hiking shoe or a trail running shoe. Although my wife and I both walked in Merrell Moab's this Camino, I'd be equally comfortable in  my "sneakers". The Camino Portugués, from the perspective of terrain, is very hiker friendly. One does not need a heavy duty hiking boot! A light weight hiking shoe or running shoe will serve the pilgrim well. However, my one recommendation other than proper fit and breaking your shoes in well, is to go with a waterproof shoe. As we had four days of rain and wet weather, waterproof shoes (my preference is Gor-tex) and short, light weight gaiters will help keep your feet dry. Happy feet = happy pilgrim!


No comments:

Post a Comment