Saturday, May 27, 2017

Camino Daily Photo 45

My favorite time of day on the Camino is definitely the early morning. As we are about to cross the bridge in Pontevedra and leave the old city, one can't help but to take pause at the stillness of both the river and the city at sunrise. This is also the time of day when you have the trail mostly to yourself. Leaving the albergue between 06:00-06:30 gives the pilgrim some very precious quite time walking particularly during the busy season. One thing I missed this year was not hearing the European Cookoos in the morning as I did when I walked the Camino Francés. The reason I was told was that we were too early for them. They had not yet migrated back from Africa. What a shame! They truly sound just like the clocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment